Jun 1, 2021
In today's episode, we will discuss what happens when we end a relationship with a narcissist. We will analyse why the abuse continues after the end of the relationship, and why narcissists smear our reputation when we are the ones who decide to separate or divorce. I'll share some of my own experiences, and how I learned to stop judging myself and others in narcissistic abusive relationships.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- Why narcissists feel their wounded parts triggered when we decide to end the relationship
- What makes a narcissist want to end a relationship
- Why our narcissistic ex-spouse looks like a different person after we separate from them
- Why narcissists tend to rewrite the story of what happened and then try to smear our reputation
Instead of judging ourselves for staying in an abusive relationship, we can take this awakening as an opportunity to know ourselves better. We need to be curious about why we feel the way we do, and identify the younger wounded parts we were trying to protect by accepting being in a relationship with a narcissist.
- Join my Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/thriveafternarcissisticabuse
- Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/carolinestrawson/
- My website: https://www.carolinestrawson.com/